A fast-growing managed IT service provider based in Holmes Chapel is seeking a full-time IT Support Technician to provide remote 1st line and limited 2nd line technical support to clients, as well as monitor IT systems and troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
The role offers excellent training and career progression opportunities, a competitive salary up to £27,000 per year, on-site parking, private healthcare and wellbeing support.
As the IT Support Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with customer support requests and logging support tickets.
- Responding to customer alerts produced by the monitoring system.
- Actively promoting security upgrades, service contracts and other services where possible.
- Providing ad-hoc on-site support to resolve problems or to assess requirements.
- Managing the helpdesk to make sure tickets are updated and run daily ticket reviews.
The IT Support Technician will have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer focus.
- Good working knowledge of Networking, Windows OS, Microsoft (Outlook, Exchange, Office 365), Active Directory, Servers, Cloud based applications, Firewalls and Hardware is essential.
- CompTIA or Microsoft certified professional or similar IT qualification is desirable.
- Previous experience working in an IT support role within a MSP environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Full UK driving license as travel to client sites may be required.
You will be working 37.5 hours per week between 8.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, from Holmes Chapel office with occasional travel to customer sites.
Appointment is subject to right to work checks and satisfactory references.
If you would like to apply for this IT Support Technician position, send us your CV!