Due to continued growth, a family-owned mechanical engineering and boiler hire and repair company in Stoke on Trent, is seeking a Commercial Gas Service Engineer to undertake projects for the commission and repair of boilers, pipe work, gas and oil appliances and HVAC equipment.
The role offers a competitive salary up to £50,000 per year based on experience. Along with 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing by 1 day per year after 3 year’s service, you will receive a workplace pension, and training and career progression opportunities for the right candidate. You will also receive a company vehicle, petrol allowance, job specific equipment, uniform and PPE.
As the Commercial Gas Service Engineer your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Install, decommission, repair and maintenance of gas and oil appliances.
- Maintaining pipework distributing gas, water and steam.
- Testing and maintaining hire equipment.
- Ensuring all compliance paperwork is completed as per required.
- Supervising and supporting team members.
- Attending emergency works (as per rota).
The Commercial Gas Service Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Effective communicator with a strong customer-focus and the ability to build strong working relationships with suppliers, customers and team members is essential.
- Meticulous attention to detail, able to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Hold a Gas Safe certification for Commercial Core and Commercial Appliances.
- Understanding of Gas Safe legislation as well as company H&S policies and procedures.
- Previous experience working with commercial gas appliances is essential.
You will be working 40 hours per week between 8.00am – 4.30pm on Monday to Friday, from the Barlaston office and from various sites around the UK. Travel to client sites will be required and occasional nights away may be needed. Overtime is available on request.
Appointment will be subject to right to work checks and satisfactory references.
If you would like to apply for the Commercial Gas Service Engineer position, apply now and send us your CV!