A Staffordshire based charity is seeking a full-time Housing and Benefits Support Advisor to provide remote support to individuals seeking help with applying for welfare benefits, housing and signposting for debt advice. This role involves partnership working with a multi-disciplinary team as part of Midland Partnership Foundation Trust Social Inclusion Hub.
The position would suit an individual who has previously worked as a housing and benefits advisor with the Citizen Advice Bureau (CAB), or someone who has worked within a supported housing environment dealing with people who have experienced homelessness.
The role offers remote working from home and pay of £11.24 per hour, as well as excellent training opportunities, workplace pension at 10%, laptop and phone. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a rewarding and challenging position within an organisation that really makes a difference to people’s lives.
As the Housing and Benefits Support Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Taking calls from clients and providing advice and information on housing and welfare benefits over the phone and by email.
- Sign-posting clients to external organisations and other service providers where required.
- Maintaining and updating client records.
- Providing regular updates to clients and/or clinical staff regarding progress of housing and welfare benefits applications.
- Participating in personal development and training opportunities where possible to stay up to date with industry trends and legislation changes.
- Attending one monthly team meeting in person in Lichfield.
The Housing and Benefits Support Advisor will have the following skills and attributes:
- Effective communicator with a strong customer-focus and the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Self-driven and able to work alone and unsupervised.
- Familiarity with English and Welsh housing law is desirable, but training can be provided.
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Office packages.
- Previous experience working within supported housing and offering advice on welfare benefits would be a distinct advantage.
You will be working remotely 37 hours per week, between 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Appointment will be subject to relevant DBS checks, right to work checks and satisfactory references.
If you would like to apply for the Housing and Benefits Support Advisor position, apply now and send us your CV!