A rapidly expanding women’s charity in Birmingham is seeking a part-time Support Worker to provide mentorship, life skills coaching and support to vulnerable young women aged 18+ who have encountered abuse.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an empathetic, people-focused individual to make a positive impact on young women’s lives and help equip them with the necessary skills and confidence they need to progress in life.
The role offers extremely flexible hours and pay up to £11.00 per hour. Along with statutory holidays and a pension, you will get your birthday off work, excellent training opportunities and the potential to increase your hours after the initial probationary period.
As the Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Residential check-ins and visits with designated residents and attend pre-agreed times.
- Providing practical and emotional support to residents including setting SMART goals, budget planning, chaperoning residents outdoors, acting as their mentor/guide.
- Ensure outcome-based support is provided, residents progress is monitored, tracked and reviewed.
The successful Support Worker will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Be approachable, empathetic with active listening skills and emotional intelligence.
- Able to build rapport quickly and be assertive when necessary.
- Organised with good time management skills.
- Flexible to work outside of normal work hours.
- Previous experience working with vulnerable adults would be a distinct advantage.
You will be working between 10 and 16 hours per week within 20 minutes of Birmingham city center. All residents are located on public transport routes. Hours and days of work will be agreed during the interview.
Appointment will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
If this sounds like the Support Worker position for you, click apply now and send us your CV!