Leek, Stoke-on-Trent (full-time, permanent)
£Negotiable DOE + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Architectural Technician to join an award winning architectural design and consultancy firm based in Stoke on Trent on a permanent basis, to help manage the exiting client portfolio and work on new projects from concept to completion.
The company specialises in the design and construction of new build projects, residential extensions and renovations, new build bespoke housing, to larger commercial projects. They take pride in having built up a reputation within the local community for their sensitive approach to design and meticulous attention to detail.
As the Architectural Technician your duties will be to:
- Liaise with clients, planners, the local authority and other external agencies via telephone, email and in person on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of projects.
- Survey customer sites for new design works.
- Prepare planning application submissions as well as building regulations specifications and plans.
- Support design progression and team members with new and existing projects.
- Manage live projects from start to finish, ensuring deadlines are met within given time frame.
- Maintain the Swift program to ensure records are kept up to date.
The successful Architectural Technician will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A reliable individual who possesses a positive ‘can do’ and tenacious attitude, with the ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task, prioritise work, work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Must hold a relevant construction related qualification, and working experience of AutoCAD is essential.
- Knowledge of building regulations, measured surveys, planning processes and overall project management would be a distinct advantage, as is previous experience working in a similar role.
- You must hold a full UK driving license and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Starting in January 2019 you will be working between 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, with one half hour for lunch.
In return, the Architectural Technician will receive an attractive salary which is negotiable depending on experience. Along with 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, you will receive, open plan working environment, PPE and protective clothing, and a work place pension. The right candidate will also be encouraged to develop and enhance their drawing and technical skills using 3D Modelling with guidance and mentoring from senior management.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Architectural, Project Management|