Newcastle-under-Lyme (part-time, permanent, flexible hours)
£8.50 per hour (£16,350 per year, pro rata)
A public service transformation company based in Newcastle under Lyme is seeking to appoint a part-time Business Support Lead to help provide administrative support to the company. The company helps public services deliver great services for less money and to create a rewarding working experience for the people who deliver public services.
The company offers flexible working hours, so this is an excellent employment opportunity for individuals with school age children seeking to get back into work, or for individuals wishing to improve their work-life balance.
As the Business Support Lead you will be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for all internal and external enquiries, and responding to enquiries by email, telephone and in person.
- Managing the Director’s diary, appointments, travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, minute taking, preparing relevant paperwork for meetings and following up on action points.
- Developing and reviewing company operating processes, and making improvements wherever possible.
- Updating the company’s website and social media channels.
- Preparing invoices and some basic financial accounting tasks using Xero.
The successful Business Support Lead will have the following skills and experience:
- Well organised, able to prioritise work and multi-task.
- Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and independently.
- Have a meticulous eye for detail with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive ‘can do’ attitude to work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a professional telephone manner.
- Able to use Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and be familiar with Xero, bookkeeping practices, financial modeling and profitability.
- Previous experience in bookkeeping, accountancy or financial administration would be a distinct advantage.
In return, the Business Support Lead will receive £8.50 per hour (£16,350 pa) with one hour for lunch. Along with flexible working hours, you will receive 25 days holiday (pro-rata) plus bank holidays, free on-site parking and a work place pension. You will also receive 2 paid days (pro rata) for voluntary work within the local community.
If you would like to apply for the Business Support Lead position, click apply and send us your CV.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Administration, Business Support|