Stoke-on-Trent City Centre (full-time, permanent)
£19,000 per year
A busy office based in Stoke on Trent City Centre is seeking three full-time Street Ambassadors to engage with local businesses and the wider community, help promote the area and provide business support services where needed.
The company is funded by a levy, payable by local businesses. The Business Improvement District delivers events and projects within the local community to help promote the town and is overseen by the BID Manager and a small team of full time Street Ambassadors.
You will be working 5/7 days on a 4 weekly rota/shift pattern, between 8.00am and 6.00pm on Monday and Saturday, as well as some evenings and weekends, with one hour for lunch.
As the Street Ambassador your duties will be to:
- Engage with businesses in the BID area, maintaining and growing good business relationships whilst keeping them informed of BID activities, as well as pro-actively engaging with the public providing help, directions and advice as per required.
- Ensure businesses receive feedback and follow-ups where action was taken on their behalf.
- Liaise with key partner agencies to assist with the delivery of events, the reduction of crime and anti-social behaviour, ensuring that personal responsibilities in the areas of risk management and health and safety are adhered to at all times.
- Accurately record all activity and engagement, using equipment issued for this purpose.
- Attend business meetings and training courses as per directed to promote personal growth and development.
To be a successful Street Ambassador you will have the following skills and experience:
- Well organised, able to prioritise work and multi-task.
- Able to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Be confident, assertive, and engaging with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to listen, observe and adapt to different situations.
- Previous experience of working within a customer service environment, local authority, or in a community engagement role would be a distinct advantage, but not essential.
In return, the Street Ambassador will receive £19,000 per annum with 28 days annual leave including bank holidays. As well as a work-based pension scheme, you will also receive life assurance cover, access to the life style discount scheme, and be able to develop your skills and knowledge through ongoing training opportunities. Uniform, PPE and equipment will be provided.
Appointment will be subject to Enhanced DBS Clearance and satisfactory references.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Community Engagement|