Stoke-on-Trent (full-time, permanent)
£24,000 – £28,000 + Van + Other Benefits
Due to a recent company merger, an award winning telecommunications, IT and software company are seeking a number of Field Service Engineers to join their installations team on a permanent basis in Stoke on Trent, to help facilitate the installation and servicing of a range of alarm and safety systems at their customer sites throughout the UK.
The company specialises in the installation and servicing of intruder Alarm Systems, IP and Co-axial CCTV Systems, Door Access Control Systems and Fire Systems, together with Structured Cabling for those systems. Their customer base includes schools, healthcare providers, coffee shops, and global fast food supply chains. They pride themselves on being an innovator and employer of choice within the local community.
As the Field Service Engineer your duties will be to:
- Install, service and maintain a range of Intruder, CCTV, Access Control and Fire Alarm Systems, together with Structured Cabling.
- Diagnose, problem-solve, fault-find and repair faults at customer sites in a timely manner.
- Liaise with customers, colleagues and onsite contracts as per required.
To be a successful Field Service Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Pro-active, methodical with the ability to problem-solve and think outside the box, and have a meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise work, work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Previous experience of installing, servicing and maintaining Intruder, CCTV, Access Control and Fire Alarm Systems is essential.
- Knowledge of specific systems such as Texecom, Hikvision, Paxton and C-Tec would be a distinct advantage.
- You must have a full UK driving licence and will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
You will be working between 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, with half an hour for lunch.
In return, the Field Service Engineer will receive a competitive salary between £24,000 – £28,000 depending on experience, and TOIL/overtime is available. Along with 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (increasing to 34 days after time served), you will receive a company van, full uniform, excellent career progression opportunities, company pension scheme, CDP and training opportunities where appropriate, and team away days.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Engineering, IT & Technical|