Newcastle-under-Lyme (full-time, permanent)
£14,500 – £18,000 per annum, DOE
A multi-disciplinary design company located in Newcastle-under-Lyme is looking to recruit a Graphic Designer on a permanent, full time basis. The company offers excellent opportunities for career progression, as well as the opportunity to work on exciting projects for clients within various industry sectors.
This position requires a good ‘all-rounder’ who is proficient in both graphic and web design to work on projects within a variety of creative fields including, advertising, branding, marketing, web, email, display and print. Candidates will have excellent conceptual creative skills and a good understanding of web development.
As the Graphic Designer your duties will include:
- Liaising with clients, printers, and other suppliers on a daily basis;
- Taking design briefs from clients and working on projects from start to finish;
- Creating artwork for digital and print
- Developing and editing web content
- Brainstorming fresh ideas and putting forward your own creative ideas;
- Assisting with the general day-to-day running of the design studio.
The successful Graphic Designer will have the following skills and experience:
- Self-motivated, innovative and creative, with the ability to communicate at various levels;
- Excellent attention to detail and proof-reading skills, as well as the ability to multi-task, prioritise work and work on your own initiative;
- Proficient in Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop);
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS and experience using Dreamweaver is essential;
- Strong knowledge of PHP would be a distinct advantage, as would an understanding of programming and developing websites using databases;
- Previous experience working within a web design, creative, graphic design role;
- Educated to degree level in design or have previous experience within a similar role. Applicants who can demonstrate the required level of ability will also be considered.
Candidates will be required to present a varied portfolio demonstrating excellent design skills and an understanding of layout and typography.
You will be working 9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch.
In return, you will receive an attractive salary of £14,500 – £18,000 per annum, depending on experience.
If you would like to apply for the Graphic Designer position, click apply and send us your CV.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Creative & Design, Graphic Design, IT & Technical|