£36,000 PER YEAR (PART-TIME),
One of the UK’s leading road haulage company’s is seeking a Health and Safety Compliance Manager to join it’s compliance team on a part-time basis at their Stafford office, to oversee the running of all health and safety compliance with a focus on mitigating risks and future proofing the business.
The role offers a competitive salary of £36,000 per annum for working 24 hours per week over 3 days. Along with flexible hours, you will receive 20 days annual leave (pro rata) and a workplace pension.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HS Manager with in depth COMAH experience at lower tier level, to take the next step in their career and contribute towards the continued growth and success of the business.
As the Health and Safety Compliance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading on all matters relating to health, safety, welfare and statutory compliance ensuring all legislative, regulatory and best practice requirements are achieved whilst supporting the implementation and delivery of HS legislation, policy, strategy and objectives throughout the company as a whole.
- Promoting a positive HS culture by leading continuous improvement programmes, ensuring lessons learned from audits, incidents or best practice are shared and understood whilst playing an active role in the development and delivery of the HS management system, objectives and training work programmes through the process of mentoring, coaching and facilitating.
- Maintaining effective engagement with internal and external environment, HS contacts and stakeholders through site visits, remote collaboration and participation at relevant meetings to develop appropriate governance controls, policies and procedures, as well as liaising with customers, enforcement authorities, HS professional bodes, insurance or audit companies, as required.
- Upholding the company’s high standards relating to quality and engagement risk management by reviewing HS incident reporting, and supporting the investigation and management of HS incidents, hazards or occupational ill health to help mitigate future risks as well as identify initiatives and innovations allowing for continuous site development.
- Supporting employee development in the area of HS capability and competence by raising awareness of compliant vs non-compliant behaviours whilst advocating for both peer monitoring and management involvement to ensure compliance is taken seriously.
The Health and Safety Compliance Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- A confident leader with good communication skills and the ability to engage, influence and manage a diverse workforce effectively, promoting team working and a continuous improvement culture.
- Creative thinker who is well organised, able to prioritise work, with good problem solving and report writing skills.
- Holder of HS-relevant qualifications and professional body membership at a level commensurate with a leader (e.g. Chartered member IOSH, NEBOSH Diploma or similar).
- Demonstratable experience relating to HS strategy, innovation, system design and assurance, as well as a strong understanding of HS standards, systems regulatory frameworks and professional bodies is essential.
- Previous experience working as a health and safety practitioner within a high-hazard industry or a Lower Tier COMAH environment is essential.
You will be joining an ISO 9001, ISO 50001 and FORS Bronze accredited company who specialise in the provision of a wide range of Hazardous and non Hazardous storage and distribution services, ranging from fully racked warehouses to floor stacking applications.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Health & Safety|