10.50 PER HOUR + BENEFITS,
A Newcastle under Lyme based care agency is seeking a Personal Care Assistant to join it’s domiciliary team on a full-time basis, to support the independent living of elderly and vulnerable service users within their own homes.
The role offers up to £10.50 per hour and will become permanent for the right candidate. Along with 28 day’s holiday including bank holidays and a workplace pension, you will receive uniform, PPE, mileage allowance and full training.
As the Personal Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Providing personal care duties.
- Administering medication.
- Manual handling and using equipment where required.
- Promoting good health and wellbeing, and independent living.
- Participating in a large part of the service user’s daily life and activities.
The Personal Care Assistant will have the following skills and experience:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Emotionally resilient, calm and patient with active listening skills.
- Well organised, able to prioritise work objectives alongside service user’s needs.
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a care is essential.
- Full UK driving licence and use of a vehicle.
You will be working various shift patterns including breakfasts, noons, dinners and beds, Monday to Sunday. Overtime is optional.
You will be joining an agency who specialise in providing bespoke personal care to older and vulnerable people, including companionship through to home help, tailored to suit the service user’s immediate needs and adapting it over time as their needs change. They pride themselves on providing an exemplary service and being an employer of choice locally.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Social Care|