Stoke-on-Trent (full-time, permanent)
£40,000 per year + Excellent Benefits
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager to join a well-established ceramic printing company in Stoke on Trent on a permanent basis. You will be looking after the existing customer portfolio, overseeing the smooth running of the production process, and managing staff on the factory floor.
The company specialises in the design and decoration of ceramic tiles using various methods including glazing and silk screening, managing the process from concept to completion. Its client base includes large tile manufacturers and retailers, and the company prides itself on being the only UK based ceramic printing company to have the capacity to process small or large orders.
As the Manager your duties will include:
- Liaising with external Health and Safety Professionals you will be ensuring that all Health and Safety assessments and procedures are adhered to whilst maintaining all documentation, protective equipment, machinery and overseeing building repairs.
- Responding to call outs if an alarm is activated onsite.
- Conducting monthly stock takes, maintaining stock levels and reacting swiftly to breakdowns when they occur.
- Maintaining Kiln records and the company’s records of technical operations e.g. colour mixes, artwork, etc.
- Preparing and amending weekly production plans, relaying information to staff and customers accordingly, providing regular report updates against targets and plans.
- Maintaining staffing levels, holiday entitlement and ensuring appropriate training is provided to all staff members.
- Monitoring all processes to ensure that production is meeting targets, and items are produced to a high quality and that they meet company standards.
- Suggesting improvements and implementing changes to ensure that all targets are met.
The successful Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and manage staff expectations.
- Well organized and methodical with excellent time management skills.
- A pragmatic individual who possesses a hands-on approach with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to generate new approaches to processes and problems.
- Previous experience in people management and the ceramic manufacturing industry is essential.
- Good understanding and ability to work in accordance with ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 quality management systems.
- A basic understanding of glaze preparation, silkscreen making, direct printing, kiln operation and forklifts would be a distinct advantage, as would a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
Starting in February 2019 you will be working between 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch.
In return, the Manager will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 per year with excellent career progression opportunities. Along with 32 days annual leave including bank holidays, and 3 mandatory company shutdowns, you will receive free on-site parking, training and development opportunities and a workplace pension scheme.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to progress in their career.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Ceramics, Management|