Stoke-on-Trent (full-time, permanent)
£35,000 – £40,000 per year + Car + Car Allowance + Phone
A NICEIC approved electrical contractor based in Stoke on Trent is seeking a full-time Electrical Project Manager to support the continued growth of the business, to manage the tender process from initial quotation to completion, whilst overseeing and running various large and small scale projects nationally.
The company specializes in the design, installation and maintenance of electrical systems to industrial and commercial clients. Customers include waste recycling plants, industrial manufacturers, through to retail units, schools, and warehouses. With over 30 years’ experience in providing a professional, efficient and expert service, the company takes pride in having established itself as a leader in the electrical contracting industry.
As the Electrical Project Manager your duties will be to:
- Manage project finances through on-going job forecasting, ensuring target margins are met and projects are delivered on time and on budget, estimating changes to orders for assigned projects when necessary.
- Attend and oversee pre-construction meetings to ensure the successful handoff from estimating to field, collaborating with design and drawing sub-contractors to produce a programme of works for the planning of labour and procurement of materials, and setting clear goals and expectations for site foremen.
- Liaise with customers, negotiating and resolving concerns pre and post construction, ensuring customers’ expectations are met and that they have a positive experience.
- Manage all project closeout procedures including test certification and Operation & Maintenance Manuals to include as fitted drawings (either produced inhouse using AutoCAD software or to collaborate with our approved draftsman)
- Conduct post project reviews determining where improvements can be made to enhance the company’s future growth and profitability.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships within the industry, promoting the company brand at all opportunities.
The successful Electrical Project Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with a professional telephone manner.
- Good problem-solving skills with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, and a strong desire to thrive in challenging environments.
- Customer focused with the ability to understand and empathize with customers’ needs, building long lasting relationships.
- Previous experience in project management or a similar role within the electrical trade industry is essential, as is knowledge of BS7671.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Project is desirable.
- Experience using AutoCAD and Amtech or similar would be a distinct advantage, but not essential, as training can be provided.
- Full UK driving license.
You will be working between 8.00am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, with half an hour for lunch.
In return, the Electrical Project Manager will receive between £35,000 – £40,000 per annum, depending on experience, with 28 days annual leave including bank holidays, and training in job specific software programs (e.g. AutoCAD, Amtech, etc). On successful completion of the probationary period you will also receive a company car, or car allowance and phone. Corporate uniform and PPE will be provided.
Appointment will be subject to DBS Clearance.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Electrical, Engineering, Project Management|