£30,000 PER ANNUM,
An independent academy in Stoke-on-Trent is seeking two full-time SEN Teachers to join its’ teaching staff, to further develop the support and provision for students with special education needs within the school.
The Academy specialises in delivering bespoke academic packages blended with a broad range of social enrichment, learning through creative and practical approaches, teaching life skills and employability skills to young learners aged 11 to 16 years old.
The SEN Teacher will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering lessons and other learning activities for a combination of 1:1 teaching and small groups, contributing to the KS3, KS4 literacy and numeracy intervention programme.
- Identifying and adopting the most effective teaching approaches for students, setting performance targets based on prior data, and ensuring students make progress in line with learning objectives and individual ability.
- Maintaining accurate records relating to students’ attainment, attendance, home learning, as well as setting and outlining future lesson plans.
- Assessing and returning work to students with feedback and suggestions for areas of improvement, informing parents on individual students’ progress at consultation meetings.
- Identifying resources needed to meet students’ needs.
- Adhering to good practices in SEN across the school, encouraging all members of staff to recognise and fulfil their statutory responsibilities to students.
- Acting as a good role model to students regarding time keeping, conduct, appearance and attendance.
- Upholding and applying school policies and best practice at all times.
The SEN Teacher will have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents, both verbally and in writing.
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to empathise with young people and be firm, fair and consistent when dealing with them.
- Able to use Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and familiarity with SIMS or similar is desirable.
- Qualified teacher status or qualified to degree level in a specialist or related subject with experience of SEN teaching, preferably in the secondary sector.
- Specialist Dyslexia qualification or other relevant SEN qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Full UK driving license and use of own vehicle.
As the SEN teacher, you will receive £30,000 per annum, and annual leave will be in line with Staffordshire County Councils academic calendar.
You will be working 8.00am – 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8.00am to 3.30pm on Friday, with half an hour for lunch.
Appointment will be subject to Enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.