Stoke-on-Trent (part-time, fixed-term, maternity cover)
£15,844.52 per annum, pro-rata
An award winning Stoke-on-Trent based charity is seeking a part-time Support Worker to work alternating shift patterns, to cover maternity on a fixed term contract.
The charity predominantly provides 24 hour supported accommodation for homeless lone parent families from across North Staffordshire, but has since extended it’s holistic services to include couples with children and families at risk of homelessness. They pride themselves on being able to help vulnerable young people get back on their feet and build a happy future for themselves and their families.
You will act as a co-worker and assist Project Workers in their case work, welcoming new admissions and encouraging independence whilst providing background support such as help with routines and life skills attainment. You will liaise with relevant services, arranging support sessions for service users in Fire Safety, Sexual Health, etc.
As the Support Worker your duties will be to:
- Deliver support programmes/life skills and other training packages to service users.
- Read service user case notes and action plans, recording and monitoring changes in personal circumstances accurately.
- Liaise with relevant service providers to arrange appropriate support or training for service users, whilst at the same time encouraging them to engage with external services directly.
- Support and aid the emotional and physical well-being of services by means of mentoring.
- Ensuring a good standard of cleanliness, maintenance, and safety on-site.
- Be responsible for all Health & Safety and incident reporting on-site, ensuring service users behave appropriately, and issuing verbal warnings when necessary.
- Prepare and present reports as per required by the management team.
To be a successful Support Worker you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen sensitively.
- Be a good role model and be able to engage with young people on their level.
- Emotionally resilient, non-judgmental, calm and patient.
- Well organised, able to prioritise work objectives alongside service user’s needs.
- Able to work independently on own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety requirements.
- Previous experience in a similar role or working with young people would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care, or equivalent.
You will work an average of 27.5 hours per week on a bi-weekly alternating rota.
Week one will include Monday, Saturday and Sunday.
Week two will include Tuesday to Friday inclusively.
Hours of work during evenings Monday to Friday will be 5.00pm – 11.00pm, and 8.30am – 9.30pm at weekends, with one hour for lunch.
In return you will receive a salary of £15,844.52 per annum (pro-rata), along with 28 days annual leave including bank holidays, given pro rata in hours. CPD is also encouraged.
Appointment will be subject to Enhanced DBS clearance.
To apply for the job as Support Worker, click apply and send us your CV.
We are not able to respond to every contact or application we receive, so if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Charity, Social Care|